Become an Instructor
Motorcycle Ohio is looking for qualified riders to help novices learn to ride safely. Instructors will also help returning and experienced riders improve their skills and increase their safety strategies.
Instructors can earn a competitive salary working for Motorcycle Ohio training providers or private providers. Instructors may be hired as part-time or contract employees, and they may teach for more than one provider. Instructors are required to teach a minimum of two classes per year.
What it Takes
- A smile and a sincere desire to help people
- A good driving record; this is a safety course and your driving record reflects your attitude of safety first
- Considerable riding experience; instructors must ride well enough to correctly demonstrate the riding skills to students
- Good communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both individuals and groups of people
- Pass the Instructor Preparation Course.
Are you already an instructor?
If you're already a certified instructor for the State of Ohio, please sign in.