Proper riding gear for your Motorcycle Ohio training course.
All students must wear the proper riding gear along with a DOT*-certified helmet while astride the motorcycle. Please note, courses run rain or shine. Check the weather and if it calls for rain, we encourage you to bring rain gear.
Minimum required safety gear that you must provide:
- DOT-approved helmet.
- Loaner helmets are available. You may bring your own helmet but it will be subject to inspection and approval by the instructors.
- Eye protection.
- Helmet face shield or goggles.
- Prescription glasses and sunglasses are acceptable for the basic course but are not recommended for regular street riding.
- Sturdy over-the-ankle footwear.
- Ankles must be covered.
- Low heels are preferred.
- Full-fingered gloves.
- Avoid bulky gloves. Jersey (soft knitted cotton or poly-cotton fabric) gloves are acceptable for the basic course but are not recommended for regular street riding.
- Fingerless gloves are not allowed.
- Long pants (without any holes).
- Sturdy material, such as denim; should reach past the tops of your footwear when seated; any holes and tears are not acceptable.
- Yoga/exercise pants a not considered adequate.
- Long-sleeved shirt or jacket.
- Sleeves should reach the tops of your gloves with your arms stretched in front of you.